The NHS IC have developed a new indicator portal (effectively a neighbourhood statistics for health data) http://indicators.ic.nhs.uk.
This indicator portal brings together data all indicators from the Clinical and Health Outcomes Knowledge Base (also known as NCHOD and the Compendium of Population Health Indicators) and the Local Basket of Inequalities Indicators and key datasets from the public health observatories on a single searchable website.
The population health indicators currently in it can help you to:
- Compare the demographic profile of your local area with other regions and national averages
- Understand what the population health challenges are in your area and how they may be changing over time
- Explore the diverse range of factors that influence health inequalities
- Build a picture of the current state of health inequalities in your area
- Inform annual health reviews and equity audits
- Provide measurements for service planning, performance management and other success criteria
New sets of indicators will be added to the Indicator Portal over time, allowing users to view the Compendium indicators alongside data on other topics.